Knowing that families and executors have only one opportunity to properly settle a loved one’s estate, we offer decades of practical experience and a network of reliable services. Our aim is to make the process easy for you by providing quick attention and simple solutions to what may at first seem like daunting tasks. John Moran Auctioneers can help ensure that your estate generates the greatest revenue possible while minimizing your expenses.
- The process starts with a courtesy "walk-through" visit and free estimate.
- Shortly thereafter our appraisal team returns for a comprehensive inspection, inventory and valuation of all household contents, immediate packing, removal and storage for all auctionable items, and recommendations for the liquidation or charitable donation of any residual contents.
- When the time comes to sell, your valuables are responsibly packed by our own experienced art handlers, transported in our own fleet of custom padded vans and stored in our climate-controlled facilities - averting the added risk and cost of third party movers and storage.
- Additional services include broom clean-outs of residences and arrangement for shipping of items to relatives.
We specialize in accommodating estates needing to settle in a limited time frame. It usually takes only a few days or a few weeks to complete a draft appraisal, along with a ‘selection for sale’ of any items suitable for one of our auctions. Because John Moran Auctioneers holds sales monthly with a shorter settlement period, we can raise money for you in much less time than our competitors.
- No charge for initial consultation
- Fees are reasonable and are typically based on an hourly rate, which can be rebated in part should any sales occur following our appraisal. This can amount to substantial savings for you.
We invite you to contact us directly for further information or to schedule an appointment if we can be of any possible assistance.