The Trusts & Estates is a unique position at John Moran Auctioneers which focuses on making contacts and building lasting relationships with trust officers, estate planning attorneys, CPA’s, realtors, executors, and other professional fiduciaries who are centers of influence to high net worth individuals. Attends various Fiduciary functions & events as a representative of the company and presents John Moran Auctioneers to new professional fiduciaries. Once business opportunities are established, he/she conducts walkthroughs and develops sale & marketing plans for disposition at auction. The Trusts & Estates Representative coordinates with property specialists to secure whole estate consignments and creatively crafting deals that best fit the estate’s individual needs and manages the consignment process throughout the life of the inventory at Moran’s.
In addition to being outgoing, passionate about people and a great Networking guru, the individual must have the skills and qualifications to successfully achieve the following goals:
- • Identifying, developing and nurturing new relationships with trust officers, estate planning attorneys, CPA’s, realtors, executors, and other professional fiduciaries.
- • Representing Moran’s at Trust and Estates events, Fiduciary Conferences and other relevant networking opportunities
- • Building lasting relationships with Trust Departments increasing brand recognition in the industry.
- • Networking with realtors and developing mutual relationships. Promoting Moran’s IC program for business referrals
- • Working with Moran’s team of specialists to value and direct property
- • Tracking Estate property from beginning to end through the consignment process and communicating with the respective client
- • Promoting Moran’s lecture series (and venue) to groups such as civic groups, professional associations, private affiliations, etc.
- • Communicating openly with other Team members, helping to ensure transparency and teamwork within the company.
- • You will be encouraged and expected to continually expand your knowledge with the art and objects that you come into contact with.
- • Representing our team and our brand; working with consignors and clients at previews and auctions.
- • Attend previews and answers client questions
- • Auction support such as phone bidding, clerking, assisting clients, etc.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- • Occasionally work at Moran’s What’s it Worth valuation Day to help develop your skills in meeting with clients.
- • Proactively find ways to improve our processes, correspondence, and constantly building a brand as it relates to buyers/seller interaction with Moran’s
- • Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- • Prior trusts and estates experience or 5+ years’ experience selling high-value intangible goods and services
- • Solid knowledge of the auction process
- • Prior auction house, museum or gallery experience preferred
- • Outstanding organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
- • Detail oriented and accurate
- • Experience working with high call volumes
- • Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple deadlines
- • Ability to work diplomatically with a variety of personalities
- • Ability to work independently and within groups to see a project through to competition
- • Ability to assess a situation and understand when it needs to be escalated
- • US PAP Compliant
- • PC literate in MS Office applications Excel, Word, and Outlook. The ability to adapt to new programs as required
- • Second language a plus
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org